Here's a Roman Missal/Music Ministry Workshop -- and a cost-saving opportunity! -- that will be held at Loras College in Dubuque from July 6-8. Please see the attached flyers and info below.
Fr. J. Michael Joncas will be the keynote speaker. Musicians, music and liturgy coordinators, as well as priests and deacons, will find this practical and informative as we move into the catechesis for the new Roman Missal. I’m familiar with most of the presenters—it’s a promising line-up!
There are three opportunities for reducing the cost of attendance at this workshop.
1) The Worship Office will pay the registration fee for up to eight participants. Housing and meals will be on your own. The seven participants will be selected as follows:
a. one from each of the six regions of the diocese, first-come, first-served, from each region;
b. two from the Diocesan Commission for Worship, which will be convening in the summer of 2010.
To be eligible, please indicate interest by June 1. We’ll keep names of those who are interested. In case we are not able to find one from each region, spots will be filled at-large.
2) Loras College is offering a reduced registration fee of $75 for the workshop to anyone who registers through the Des Moines Office for Worship. That’s a savings of $50 off the individual rate. Housing and meals will be on your own.
3) Parishes and clusters of parishes gather their own group according to Loras’ incentive, noted on the flyer. If your parish has a group of more than eight attending, the rate per person will be lower than registering through the Office for Worship (according to #2).
Also, for RCIA: Don’t forget about the two upcoming North American Forum on the Catechumenate Workshops:
1) Children and Initiation in Altoona on August 6-7 (correct dates; dates on brochure are incorrect)
2) Concerning the Baptized in Cedar Rapids on June 9-10.
Many thanks for your efforts to help others enter more fully into the mysteries we celebrate in our liturgical prayer.